Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spaghetti Bolognaise

This is a recipe from Sue Shepherd's Irrestistibles for the Irritable. It does contain garlic and mushroom, but in small quantities. And it has bacon, so much yummy bacon!

I didn't have gluten free spaghetti, so I used buckwheat fettucine instead. By the way, buckwheat, despite containing the word 'wheat', is a wheat free alternative. And it's all kinds of delicious!

I made up a large batch of this and saved some for the freezer. It's delicious! I can't believe I'd never tried cooking spaghetti bolognaise sauce before. No more relying on a bottle, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I love pasta 'oddities'. Knowing how to make it would be a very valuable skill, because of all the yummy additives you could throw in: spinach, garlic, tonatoes, red CAPSICUM, lemon, you name it.
    I'm not usually one for bacon but this looks yummy and filling, and what a perfect freezer meal! Great job!

    ReplyDelete